Once a migration schedule has been determined you will be notified on an individual basis at least a week in advance of the move. We will be migrating the email in small groups. Not everyone is scheduled to move at the same time. If you are sharing a calendar or mailbox with another @biology2.wuslt.edu user it would be best if your email is migrated at the same time.
There will be four phases to your migration:
Phase 1 (before you migrate) - You may continue to use email as you normally would in Outlook, via the web, or by way of your smartphone until 10 pm the night before your migration .
Phase 2 (Migration) - At 10 pm the night before your migration, your mailbox will be migrated to Office365. The migration process is estimated to take 4 hours. During this timeframe you will be unable to access email from any device (including smartphones). Any email sent to you will be directed to your new Office 365 mailbox.
Phase 3 (Before arriving to work) - If you would like to access your email after 2 am on your migration date but before you arrive to your office, you can access your email through your favorite web browser by going to http://email.wustl.edu and clicking on the “Log in to Office 365 Email” button.
Phase 4 (Login to your work computer) - When you arrive to your office one of the computer support staff will be available to help you reconfigure your email client and any devices you use for accessing your email. If you would like help configuring additional devices please bring them to work with you.
Keep in mind:
- Your version of Outlook, Apple Mail or other client is NOT changing. Office 365 is simply a new way for us to host our email services.
- Office 365 has some additional features and differences. The following 3 points are worth your review.
- OWA (Outlook Web App) has a new design, navigation and feature list. Review the following FAQ for details regarding the new OWA:https://istcsst.wustl.edu/cfuo365migration/Pages/CFUEmailFaqs.aspx
- To setup your smartphone or tablet to access your Office 365 email, please review the following: FAQ: http://email.wustl.edu/email-client-setup/
- Important: The security policy for mobile devices will require the use of a 4 digit PIN and the device must support encryption.
Though we are confident all items in your mailbox will migrate to Office365, we feel that it may be helpful to have everyone complete this form in advance of their migration. The attached form will help you verify that your migration was successful.