Four staff members support the faculty and students in the Biology Department.
Front Desk Administrative Assistant– Devinn Heuermann- Wilson 314 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
His responsibilities include:
Hotel accommodations for departmental visitors
Travel (limited to seminar visitors)
Prospective Student assistance
Copying exams or classroom handouts
Power point presentations
Coordination of catering requests including seminars, Bioforum, plant lunches, super micro group, journal clubs, etc.
Food/drink purchases and delivery for departmental seminars and events
Seminar calendar and receptions
Reimbursements for seminar speaker dinners/lunches
Grant Specialist – Jennifer Kusmanoff- Wilson 314 (Kusmanoff@biology2.wustl.edu)
Jennifer has been with our department since 2003. She is the primary person for all grant applications from faculty, postdoctoral students and graduate students.
Her responsibilities include:
- Primary person to coordinate with the Office of Research for all the internal documents (PC and PDS) that must be filed for all PREAWARD grant applications originating from Biology.
- Coordination of all subcontracts for grants for Biology faculty with other universities and institutional entities.
- Development of budget within the particular grant guidelines including indirect budgets coordination with the College of Arts & Sciences.
- Compliance issues per the grant’s protocol.
- Assistance (as needed) uploading grants.
- Other grant related assistance as needed – Jennifer is most easily reached via email. She is available on weekends and evenings, as grant deadlines dictate.
Student Coordinator – Erin Gerrity, Jeanette Goldfarb Plant Growth Facility 105 (email@example.com)
Erin joined our team in August 2008. She is the primary person for the Biology/University College Courses and for the newsletters (2) that are produced on a regular basis for our majors (BioRhythm) and department (Biologue).
Her other responsibilities include:
- PRE_AWARD Grant assistance – coordinated through Jennifer Kusmanoff
- University college courses (biology based)
- Newsletters /brochures for our department (Biologue and BioRhythm)
- Coordination of all the Life Sciences Experiential courses including HIPAA certification for students wishing to take these courses.
- Advisor assignments for undergraduate majors
- Web page updates to faculty pages
- Smart Board (outside NSLC; Reb 215) updates
- Social media updates (Facebook)
- Administrative support as needed for faculty members
Student Registrar – Patrick Clark, Jeanette Goldfarb Plant Growth Facility 105 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Instructor/student coordination including classroom assignments
- WUCRSL and class listings
- Classroom placements
- Graduation and honors certification
- Assistance with Student issues
- BIO 200/500 and other independent study requests
- Honors Banquets and honor thesis coordination.