Many facilities in the Biology Department are shared among all members of the department. These include "Charged Centers", such as the plant growth facility, DNA sequencing facility, microscopic facility, computer facility, etc, and "Shared Instruments" such as ultracentrifuges, scintillation counters, spectrophotometers, etc. It is expected that users of these facilities share the cost of maintenance and operation cost.
Autoclaves are available in the following rooms:
- McDonnell 035 (2 available)
- Monsanto 402 (3 available)
- Rebstock 302 (2 available)
- Rebstock 123 (preference is to leave open for Teaching Lab use; please check with Carol Kohring)
- Plant Growth 111 (preference is to leave open for Greenhouse users; please check with Mike Dyer)
For details on specific resources, please see the Shared Resources List.